This product contains St. Valentine math topic themes which you can incorporate into your lesson plan(s).
If you operate a carousel system in your class, you can place the different activities on the tables for children to practice number work. Place a different activity on each table.
Also suitable for your Math Center.
Content and Description
• Skip counting by ones missing number sequence worksheet – Students complete sequence by writing the missing numbers in the blank heart.
• Number bonds to 10 (cut and stick activity) – Two sets of worksheets. Students cut out a broken heart on worksheet 2 to match and stick to a broken heart on worksheet 1 so that the two parts add up to 10 (Number bonds).
• Counting using Tens Frame – Pictures are placed in different positions on the tens frame. Students count and write the number in the space provided.
• Count and Tick to Match Activity – (Pictures of Numicons) – Students count the pictures in each square and then tick the Numicon shape that matches the number of pictures.
• Color Sequence Worksheet – Students work out what comes next in the color sequence and then complete the last two or three squares. The pictures are: hearts, Valentine envelopes and lips.
• Picture Sequence Worksheet – Cut and stick activity – Students look at the pictures and work out what comes next. Then they cut out the correct pictures to complete the sequences.
• Three sets of flash cards 1 to 10
o Numeral and Number flash cards
o Numicon flash cards
o Picture Heart flash cards
1. Students can play snap with the different sets of flash cards.
2. Whiteboards + dry-erase pens - Choose a set, e.g. picture cards. Place the cards face down. The stduent turns over two cards and writes a number equation to solve.
Please see Preview Pane.
The worksheets and teacher notes are editable.
Thank you for stopping by my store:-)
You may be interested in:
St. Valentine Data and Graphing