“Turn-key” Staff Manual will have your student television station up and running in no time!
This 36-page customizable document offers everything the Media Adviser needs to convey staff procedures; a production schedule; style guidelines for shooting, writing, and editing; and ESSENTIAL LEGAL DOCUMENTS AND ETHICS GUIDELINES.
And because we all know how difficult it is to come up with story ideas, this Staff Manual even includes a BONUS LIST OF 18 FULLY-DEVELOPED STORY IDEAS that are perfect for scholastic and collegiate journalists, complete with story summaries, suggestions for sources to interviews AND links to credible statistics and research to support each story.
This Staff Manual for Student Television Station includes:
• Word document format for convenient customization, including highlighted sections to indicate specific additions for your school.
• Welcome letter from the adviser to incoming student staff
• Mission Statement with appropriate wording to identify your student media as a designated public forum
• Detailed job descriptions for the student staff
• Staff rules and procedures
• List of Broadcast Style rules for shooting, writing, and editing broadcast stories.
• Glossary of broadcast journalism terms
• 18 story ideas with suggested resources
• Personal release form, location release form, and footage license form
Whether your school’s current student television station is in need of a more formal format OR you’re just starting up, this comprehensive Staff Manual for Student Television Station is the perfect tool for Journalism educators and Media Advisers!