This package is designed to help all teachers, but particularly Australian teachers program with the Australian Curriculum and the new NSW English syllabus. It is also aligned with USA Common Core Standards – English (Literature). It includes…..
• The Unit of Work based on the concept – CHARACTERISATION; the type of text – imaginative – NARRATIVE ; the comprehension strategy – QUESTIONING.
• Generic characterisation worksheets that can be used with any book, over and over again. These are levelled to cater for differentiation in your class. Generally, they are aimed at Stage 1 – Early Stage 2 (6-9 year olds).
• Explicit lesson sequences that make up the unit – supported by and linked to the NSW English Syllabus and Australian Curriculum in the new English curriculum.
• Links to multi-modal text via YouTube.
• Differentiated worksheets to support Stage 1 (Grades 1 & 2) students in comprehension and writing a literary text.
• Questioning Thinking Stems – posters.