5 lesson unit for Stage 2/ 8-10 year olds about being safe in an around water.
This unit looks at
1. Recognising safe and unsafe areas to swim
2. Being safe in and around water
3. Knowing what to do in an emergency
4. Being safe with water around the home
5. Spreading the message about water safety/assessment task.
The whole unit is on PowerPoint and requires minimal resources. Click on the lesson on the first page to jump straight to that lesson. There are a few weblinks to videos or websites that will require internet access. I had my students create a poster in lesson 5 using their iPads, however alternatively, you may prefer to use paper and pencils.