This project focuses on several core concepts of lines in y=mx+b form while students create their own "stained glass window."
Concepts applied in this project include:
- Using slope formula
- Determining if a slope is positive, negative, zero, or undefined
- Writing equations of lines in y=mx+b form given the slope and y-intercept
- Graphing lines given 2 points
- Graphing lines in y=mx+b form
- Identifying y-intercepts
- Understanding that parallel lines have the same slope
- Understanding that perpendicular lines have "opposite reciprocal" slopes
- Vertical & horizontal lines
Download includes project, directions, answer key, sample project, and rubric.
This project has over 500 downloads! If you use it, please consider leaving feedback :)