Presentation (Powerpoint) File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Objective: To examine how and why Britain raised taxes in the colonies.
Key Terms and People:
- French and Indian War
- Proclamation of 1763
- Provisions of the Stamp Act
- Provisions of the Sugar Act
- Prime Minister George Grenville
- "taxation without representation"
- Stamp Act Congress
- Provisions of the Townshend Acts
- Writs of Assistance
- Non-importation agreements
- Sons of Liberty
- Daughters of Liberty
Video - The Colonists Protest British Policies (3:04)
Common Core Learning Standards:
Reading Standards for Literacy in History/Social Studies - 1,2,3,4,7,9