The power of love and a positive self esteem is demonstrated as Molly Lou Melon moves to a new school and faces the school bully. This little girl embraces the love her grandmother taught her all her life as she teaches her classmate a lesson in being yourself. This close read is is a great way to teach students about what if feels like to be picked on by their peers and how to handle them.
The 5 Day Lesson Plans
give you everything you need for this Close Read. Your students will Write, Illustrate, and Dig Deeper into text with you guiding them with the page by page Digging Deeper into Text Questions for every page in the book that I've provided for you with this Close Read.
This set focuses on the following skills:
• Accepting yourself as you are
• Opinion Writing
• Text to self questions
• Retelling the story in sequential order
• Sequencing the Main Part of the Story with Pictures
• Antonyms and Synonyms
• Digging Deeper into Text with Teacher Led Questions
• Story Comprehension
• Behavior Choices
• Word Families -and & -all
• Compound Words
This set includes:
• 8 Illustrated Vocabulary Cards
• 8 Story Comprehension Questions Cards
• 5 Days of Detailed Scripted Lesson Plans
• Cut and Paste Compound Word Concept Sort
• Cut and Paste Word Family Concept Sort with -and & -all words
• -and and -all 5 x 7 Phonics Illustrated Cards
• 8 x 10 Compound Words Definition and Example Poster
• 16 Compound Word Example Cards
• Graphing Chart and Pieces about Story
• 4 Focus Questions that come (8 per page or 2 per page)
• Student Vocabulary Journal Cards (4 per page)
• 4 Pages of Digging Deeper Questions for every page in the book for Teacher
• 5 Question Yes or No Test
This Close is recommended for Kindergarten through 3rd Grade, but can be used for Struggling and ELL students in 4th grade.You get detailed lesson plans that tell how to adjust the lesson for each grade.
You will enjoy having 5 Days of Lesson Planswith very detailed instructions already prepared for you. The fifth day ends with a 5 question Yes or No Test.
All you will need to do is print and cut the Easy Prep Printables for either your ELA Journals or Notebook Paper. This unit was created using Common Core standards.
Be sure and Check out ALL my Close Reads and Poster Sets for My Close Reads by clicking on the links below.
Arthur's April Fool Close Read Lesson Plans and Activity
The Tiny Seed Close Read Lesson Plans and Activities
Tops and Bottoms Close Read Lesson Plans and Activities
READING POSTERS and CLOSE READ GUIDES for ANY BOOK
My Close Reads are Seasonal, promote Fiction and Nonfiction, and Integrate as many skills and subjects into them as I can possibly fit. I hope you enjoy these as much as my students and I do!
You get HALF off All New Products the first 24 Hours Posted. I am posting New Products Weekly, so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a Follower, and Save 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM to get to know the person behind my Oink4PIGTALES store just click the link below.
You can also follow me on my fromoink4PIGTALES Blog by clicking on the link below.
To connect with me on Facebook
Please be sure and share anything you you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for special promotion just for you. If you are looking for a Close Read on a specific book, please post me a question on my store page and I'll be happy to make it for you.
I hope you and your students enjoy this Close Read and learn Nobody can be YOU better than YOU!