Civics Interactive Notebook
Geared toward the Civics EOC with EOC Practice Items
Hooks, Processing, Engagement, EOC Practice, and Assessing Activities
Processing and Assessing
SS.7.C.2.1 - Citizenship
Define the term “citizen,” and identify legal means of becoming a U.S. citizen.
SS.7.C.2.2 - Obligations & Responsibilities of Citizens
Evaluate the obligations citizens have to obey laws, pay taxes, defend the nation, and serve on juries.
Essential Question: What does it mean to be a citizen? How is citizenship obtained?
Sound Recording Analysis
1. What is the music that you will listen to? ___________________________________________________
2. What is the tone or mood of the music? ___________________________________________________
3. How does the music make you feel? _________________________________________
4. According to the music, what makes the country so great? ____________________________________________
5. Why are people willing to die for their country? ____________________________________________________