These standards-based assessments are Common-Core aligned for 6th grade English Language Arts. These assessments are ready-to-use and include all necessary reading passages.
Get your students prepared for the rigor of standardized tests by assessing them throughout the year with document-based assessments built with higher-level reading passages and thought-provoking questions.
This bundle contains five tests that assess all standards in the following categories:
• Reading: Literature
• Reading: Informational Text
Each test consists of:
• 10 multiple choice questions
• 1 constructed response question
• constructed response rubric
• student answer sheet
• answer key
This bundle includes two versions of student self-evaluations. One checklist uses student-friendly “I CAN” statements that correlate with common core standards, and the second checklist uses the common core language.
All questions are aligned with common core ELA standards and include complex reasoning skills such as:
• using textual evidence to draw conclusions and make inferences
• analyzing key details and the significance of a passage
• using context clues to determine the meaning of words or phrases
• evaluating claims and distinguishing relevant supporting details for those claims
• identifying examples of figurative language
• recognizing conventions of standard English grammar
The zip file includes two formats of this resource: Microsoft Word 10 (full editable) and PDF (Acrobat).
Open the preview to get a glimpse of the materials included.
Thanks, and I hope this makes your life a little easier.
Take a look at some of my other Common Core aligned products by clicking below:
Link-The Eighty Dollar Champion BOOK TEST
Link-Left for Dead BOOK TEST
Link-Steve Jobs Thinking Differently BOOK TEST
Link-Revenge of the Whale BOOK TEST
Link-Literature Circle Role Sheets - Common Core Aligned