Do you know about the 8 standards for mathematical practice in the Common Core standards? These 8 practices should be used with EVERY math standard you teach (K-12)!
I've created these STUDENT FRIENDLY posters to help elementary students understand what this means!
The 8 mathematical practices are (student friendly listed first):
1. Never Give Up: Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
2. Think About It: Reason abstractly and quantitatively
3. Talk About It: Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
4. Model With Math: Model with mathematics
5. Use Math Tools: Use appropriate tools strategically
6. Work Carefully: Attend to precision
7. Use Knowledge: Look for and make use of structure
8. Find Patterns: Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
*A BLACK and WHITE version for those of you needing ink-friendly posters! (You can also shrink them to fit in student notebooks - just print 4 per page)!
Also included by request: Cover poster that says, "We can work like mathematicians by using the math practices!"
Each poster I've included also contains a student friendly "I can" statement.
Want more classroom posters in MATCHING colors? Check out these products!
- 103 Phonics Posters
- Grammar Posters
- Standards for Mathematical Practice Posters
- Alphabet Posters
- Number Posters 0-20
- Classroom Schedule Cards
- 2D Shapes Posters
Want ALL of my CLASSROOM POSTERS? Save BIG $ when you buy the BUNDLE ---> Bright Poster Pack BUNDLE