Also included in
- Find all of the classroom posters for your math focus wall and reading focus wall in this ultimate bundle! You can create your entire bulletin board with these math vocabulary cards, phonics posters, grammar posters, standards for mathematical practice, and more!Take a look at the resources includedPrice $27.00Original Price $39.90Save $12.90
Do you know about the 8 standards for mathematical practice in the Common Core standards? These 8 practices should be used with EVERY math standard you teach (K-12)!
I've created these STUDENT FRIENDLY posters to help elementary students understand what this means!
The 8 mathematical practices are (student friendly language listed first):
- Never Give Up: Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Think About It: Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Talk About It: Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Model With Math: Model with mathematics
- Use Math Tools: Use appropriate tools strategically
- Work Carefully: Attend to precision
- Use Knowledge: Look for and make use of structure
- Find Patterns: Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning
*A BLACK and WHITE version for those of you needing ink-friendly posters! (You can also shrink them to fit in student notebooks - just print 4 per page)!
Also included by request: Cover poster that says, "We can work like mathematicians by using the math practices!"
Each poster I've included also contains a student friendly "I can" statement.
Want more classroom posters in MATCHING colors? Check out these products!