Want to introduce the topic of The Dakota Access Pipeline to your students? This is for you.
TWO DIFFERENT READING LEVELS
In this product your students will read about the Standing Rock Sioux tribe, The Dakota Access Pipeline, the protests in North Dakota, and the outcome of the protest. Then, students will answer text dependent questions about the text. Last, students will form an opinion about the pipeline and write a three paragraph essay supporting the pipeline or calling for an end of the pipeline.
This product includes:
1. Higher level informational text about the Dakota Access Pipeline (3 pages).
2. Lower level informational text about the Dakota Access Pipeline (3 pages).
3. Short Answer Text Dependent Questions.
4. Multiple Choice Questions for Informational Text
5. Brainstorming graphic organizer for essay.
6. Outline for Essay (2 pages)
7. Directions for the teacher
8. Graphic Organizer Explanation
1. Pick the informational text that best suits your students.
Lower Reading Level is designed for upper elementary and lower middle school grades.
Higher Reading Level is designed for upper middle school grades and high school.
2. Ask students to read the informational text.
3. Students can answer Text Dependent Questions Worksheet and Multiple Choice Questions
4. Ask students to complete Brainstorming Activity Worksheet for Essay.
Students will write an essay answering the question: Should the Dakota Access Pipeline be stopped?
5. Ask students to complete the three paragraph outline for their essays.
6. Students should take a sheet of notebook paper and write their essay in a traditional format using their graphic organizer and outline.