Standing Waves - Google Slides & PowerPoint
Also included in
- This physics package includes a full lesson set for a complete unit on Waves and Sound. Within the unit package, you'll find the lessons and activities I use to teach this unit in my own classroom. This unit includes the following lessons:Lesson 1 - Waves - an IntroductionLesson 2 - Reflection, IntPrice $41.08Original Price $78.91Save $37.83
- This Physics I Curriculum takes you day-by-day through the materials I use to teach my physics 1 (grade 11 physics) students. It includes all the lessons, activities, quizzes, and tests I use to teach my students.Your bundle also includes a complete, day-by-day walkthrough that I use to teach my claPrice $224.80Original Price $433.31Save $208.51
- This Physics 1 and 2 Curriculum takes you day-by-day through the materials I use to teach my physics to my high school students (grade 11 and 12 physics) students. It includes all the lessons, activities, quizzes, and tests I use to teach my students.Your bundle also includes a complete, day-by-dayPrice $309.60Original Price $767.05Save $457.45
The main focus of the lesson is to introduce students to standing waves. It first reviews waves including reflection as well as constructive and destructive interference. The lesson then moves into nodes and antinodes as well as harmonics. The lesson package includes a Standing Wave Activity which can be used as a hands-on reinforcement or as a more formal lab.
This physics lesson package includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), an auto-graded Exit Ticket, TWO videos, and a student lesson handout as a document. The presentation is fun and applicable with many opportunities for inquiry-based learning and discussion.
- What we already know
- Standing Waves
- Nodes and Antinodes
- Check Your Understanding
- This lesson includes both Office and Google formats for ALL resources. The presentation is in PowerPoint and Google Slides while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
- Your resource is perfect for distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom as I've included a link that will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive with one click.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It safeguards you in case your department or school decides to go Google 100% and allows you as well as your students to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
- Google and Office versions of each resource
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- Auto-graded Exit Ticket
- FIVE videos embedded into the presentation
- Student lesson handout
Buyer Comment: "Awesome ppt!"
The student version of the presentation contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
This lesson can also be found within my Waves and Sound Complete Unit which also includes the following lessons:
- Lesson 1 - Waves - an Introduction
- Lesson 2 - Reflection, Interference, and Transmission
- Lesson 3 - Standing Waves
- Lesson 4 - Sound, Sound Energy, and Speed
- Lesson 5 - Hearing and the Human Ear
- Lesson 6 - Supersonic Travel and the Doppler Effect
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.