Stargirl Novel Study is intended to engage students with the text with higher level thinking activities. Writing is embedded throughout the study.
This study addresses Common Core Standards:
RL7.1, 7.2, 7.4 and RL8.1,8.2, 8.3, 8.4.
The study includes
1. Comprehension and critical thinking questions.
2. Theme using text evidence
3. Dynamic or static character focusing on text evidence.
4. Analysis of foreshadowing.
5. Analysis of symbolism.
6. Analysis of figurative language.
7. Analysis of irony.
8. General literary elements.
9. Analyzing cause and effect of Stargirl's actions with writing connection.
10. Writing connections for chapters.
11. Writing connection: choosing quote and applying it to Stargirl focusing on using text evidence.
12. Project ideas (5).
14. Four vocabulary matrices with tests.
15. Answer Keys
Stargirl Novel Study
by Dianne Watson
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License