Also included in
- If you are overwhelmed or intimidated by teaching Astronomy or Space Science you are in luck! This bundle of resources includes everything you could ever ask for: lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, student notes, practice questions, formative assessment pieces, and creative activities. BONUS: A$140.00$170.00Save $30.00
- I LOVE Astronomy! One of my life's missions is to help more people understand the wonders of space and appreciate the Earth. I hope these Astronomy resources will find a home in your classroom and spark curiosity and excitement in your students.This zipped folder will include all of my present and$185.00$236.50Save $51.50
This is the ultimate lesson for teaching STARS! In this lesson your students will learn about star definition, nuclear fusion, star systems, star formation, and star death for stars of different masses. This bundle of resources includes a lesson plan, PowerPoint, student notes, practice questions and formative assessment pieces – all are completely editable!
This lesson bundle also includes an amazing activity in which your students will create a Life of a Star Flipbook. The Life of a Star Flipbook summarizes the formation of stars of low mass, average mass, high mass and very high mass stars in a nebula, protostar, their expansion, collapse and the different remnants they become when they die.
Student learning goals for the Stars Lesson:
• describe the composition of stars
• sequence the birth, life and death of stars
• apply the life cycle of stars to the fate of our Sun
Please examine the images and preview above to see how this resource can help you and your students.
In the zipped file, you will receive:
★ 2-page lesson plan (PDF and editable Microsoft Word).
★ 30-slide editable PowerPoint presentation with hyperlinks to YouTube videos.
★ 6-page editable student notes (PDF and editable Microsoft Word) that coordinate with the PowerPoint in a fill-in-the-blank style, that includes 6 homework/practice questions (4 pages of notes, 2 pages of homework questions). A teacher version with blanks filled in is also provided in both file types.
★ 14 pages of editable task cards that can be used as formative assessments. 7 pages of quick checks to be used during class and 7 pages of retrieval practice questions to be later in the unit. (PDF file and editable PowerPoint file).
★ Life of a Star Flipbook. Students will summarize the sequence of the lives of low-mass stars, average mass stars (like our Sun), high mass stars (resulting in neutron star remnant) and very high mass stars (resulting in black holes). The flipbook is a 4-page PDF (2 student pages, 2 pages of answer keys).
MOST RESOURCES ARE EDITABLE. The flipbook is not editable to comply with clip artists’ copyright rules.
This lesson can further be supported by the Stars: Life, Death & Properties Astronomy Doodle Note and Anchor Chart.
If you are interested in using the doodle notes with these lessons your best value is to purchase the Astronomy Growing Bundle. This bundle includes all the lessons, PowerPoint presentations, practice and activities as well as all the doodle notes and anchor charts. When additional lessons are added, you can be notified by following my store.
You can see the other resources in the Astronomy all-in-one Lesson Bundle by clicking the links below. Please follow my store for notifications when new resources are added to the bundle.