Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.98 MB | 9 pages
Stars, Constellations, and Galaxies – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to solar system terminology (stars, constellations)
• Description of red and blue stars
• Light years explained
• Galaxies (Milky Way and Andromeda) – brief explanation
• Common star patterns (Big Dipper and Orion)
• How the constellations were used by sailors long ago
• The Sun
The last slide is an interactive slide that is included as a printable
The interactive/review slide:
• Students will create their own constellation by drawing a pattern in the box of stars. They then overlap the figure that the constellation represents. Finally a short myth/story about their constellation goes next to the picture