This STEM project explores how STARS can appear different in the night sky based on how far they are from the Earth! You provide materials for students to design and try their own stars in a 1/2 hour time limit. This STEM's goal is to explore properties of stars, their brilliance, and how this is affected by their distance from the Earth. All the materials you need for documenting student progress are found inside!
Look What's Inside the Types of Stars STEM!
For the Teacher
• Notes for the Teacher including Prep Work, Material Suggestions and instructions
for the video that students watch from the online source
• Specific directions to test star distances with picture samples
• A Problem Description Page
• Project Criteria and Constraints
• ASK Page "How can we prove the size, color, and distance of the stars that were discovered?"
• ASK Video link page
• IMAGINE Direction page
• PLAN Directions with further criteria
• CREATE Direction page
• IMPROVE Directions page where students are prompted to make improvements.
• ALL of the above pages in a COLOR option
• TIME TO FUSE! Color page
• IMAGINE student work page
• ASK student work page to record information about Stars
• PLAN student work page
• CREATE student work page
• STARS AND OBSERVATION student work page
• IMPROVE student work page
• REFLECT student work page where students answer reflection questions
• QUOTE page in black and white
• QUOTE page in color
PowerPoint Includes :
• Title slide similar to the cover of the product
• A Dazzling Problem slide
• ASK slide
• ASK slide video page
• IMAGINE slide
• PLAN slide
• CREATE slide
• TIME TO FUSE slide
• IMPROVE slide
• Project quote slide
Materials suggested for this project include scissors, foil, pencils, tape, glue, cups, popsicle sticks, pipe cleaners, cardboard, tissue paper, construction paper, clear wrap, boxes, bubble wrap, paper plates, colored wrap, toilet paper, paper towels, packing tape (a lot of it precut!) and anything else you can think of!
Other Items You May Be Interested In:
Please be sure to follow me for new products, 1/2 price for a limited time! Also, all TPT Teachers love feedback! Please take a minute after you download to share how you feel about any product you download!
Julie from The Best Days :)
Follow The Best Days on Facebook
Follow The Best Days on Instagram
Follow The Best Days at The Best Days Blog