Do you need a classical connection to instrument identification? How about a fun way to review ta, ti-ti and rest? If so, these listening activities are you! This set of activities focuses on John Phillip Sousa's "Stars and Stripes Forever"
The set includes:
- Stars and Stripes Forever PREVIEW PDF (shows all files included in the set)
- Composer Bio Teacher Edition (Printable in Color)
- Composer Bio Student Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can fill in the information about Sousa while the teacher shares from the Teacher's Edition.
- Animated Listening Map PowerPoint (for Projection)
**This listening map focuses on identifying key instruments in the piece. It includes the composer biography as well.
- Animated Listening Map Worksheet (Printable)
**Students can color the instrument pictures and use the worksheet as a manipulative to track the form while listening to the piece.
- Instrument Play Along Activity PDF (for Projection)
**Students can perform rhythmic patterns that coincide with the form of the piece.
- Rhythm Performance Assessment (Printable)
**Students can perform one of the rhythmic patterns from the piece as an assessment.
- Rhythm Composition Assessment (Printable)
**Students can write their own patterns for each theme to perform with the piece as an assessment.
Due to copyright, the recordings of the pieces are not included with this product.
*If you purchased our Farm Unit 1st Nine Weeks BUNDLE, this listening map is included.
Please follow us for product updates and freebies! We also value your feedback! Thank you for your support of Cowgirl Compositions.