This an EASY, ENGAGING, and downright FUN activity for students and teachers alike.
This activity can be used in the first week of class to quickly and easily learn students’ names, while you also learn a little about the students, too. In turn, students learn a bit about their teacher. It takes, at the very minimum, one full-class, but I always return to it for a day or two afterwards, to reinforce the learning of the study technique of "memory by association" and show students that practice is needed for all types of studying.
Through this activity, students also…
- practice their reasoning skills, backing up their opinions with evidence (improving their oral and written persuasion skills).
- practice oral speaking in a low-stakes environment.
- practical example to learn and use memory-aid study techniques (memory mnemonics)
- build classroom rapport and foster a “safe space” of learning.
have fun, engage, and laugh.
This Six-Product Contains:
- Detailed step-by-step instructions for teachers and students.
- 60 unique and unusual questions, which will have your students laugh, question, and reason out when answering.
- There are enough questions for two full classes of students, to ensure you have no repeated questions.