Let me customize a mapping activity for your geographic explorers! The "My World, My Country, My State" labeling and coloring activity focuses on learning 1.) the Continents and Oceans, 2.) the United States, and 3.) the state of YOUR CHOICE where students will identify cities, physical geography, and landmarks of their region. This is a creative and engaging way of supplementing lessons on geography, civics, or social studies. Each map concludes with “Fast Facts”, analysis questions, or “I Can” mapping self-assessments. A completed, colored example of each map is also provided.
- One WORLD blank map
- Two UNITED STATES blank maps: (use one, or both!)
- Two STATE blank maps: (pick the one that works best in your classroom!)
*Shaded surrounding areas
- Map Directions with suggested colors to use for each map
- “Fast Facts” section to complete using a resource
- Analysis follow-up questions for the State Map and US Physical Map
- “I Can” map labeling assessment for World Map and US Political Map
- A fully colored and completed example of each map to use as reference
- A Teacher Guide
To have a better idea of how your customized "My World, My Country, My State" activity will look, check out the New York preview.