Looking for an engaging Social Studies project that will challenge your students to learn more about a specific region of your state? Look no further, because I've created an extensive brochure project rubric for you to use with your students! The rubric can be changed to focus on any state's regions (it is currently typed up as a North Carolina rubric). The rubric requires students to...
- Find key cities and landmarks in the region
- Note fun activities people can do in the region
- Research crops grown in the region, along with specialized jobs
- Write about the climate and geography of the region
- Create a graph showing the average temperatures of a region across several months (focusing on one city)
My students are currently completing this project, and they are LOVING it. They have been using a variety of research tools (library books, textbooks, and computers) to find their facts. This project will take approximately 1-3 weeks to complete based on my experiences, but you can tweak the rubric to make it more or less specific!
I hope you find this rubric to be very useful in your classroom!
State graphics - clker.com
Frame - Ink n Little Things
Fonts - Primary Possibilities