This report template contains worksheets, organizers, tools and forms to use for your students to create, develop, write, edit, illustrate, present, and assess their state report. This template can be for their formal report or utilized as a study guide to develop their report for them to type or write on their own. This packet contains the following:
• Title Page which includes space for state name, student name, teacher name, and date.
• A-Z topics for students to write about their state facts. There is one page for each letter of the alphabet for students to write about a fact or facts starting with that letter. They will write in paragraph or essay form. We opted to design these pages without any question prompts and in a more open format to encourage students to write their own paragraphs and use their writing skills. We have included one page for each letter of the alphabet as well as an idea box providing ideas for the students for each letter. An example for the letter “T is a box including: state tree, state tourism, temperatures throughout the year. Students are encouraged to use strong and complete topic sentences introducing the “letter” topic or topics for which they are writing. They can use ideas in the text box or use their own ideas. We have differentiated the A-Z portion of this packet. One A-Z set of letters is for students who may need some help generating ideas, or who need scaffolding. For these students you would use the A-Z letter set that contain the idea box. We have created another set of A-Z letters without the idea box for students you wish to challenge, encouraging them to generate their own topics. You may wish for your students to use a combination of these two report templates if you wish. You may also ask students to write about all 26 letters or a subset of the letters.
• After the A-Z portion of the packet there are some open ended questions for your students to answer. These questions are designed to support Common Core questioning principles by answering thought provoking, higher level questions about their state.
• We have provided additional lined sheets to add additional information; copy as many as needed.
• Templates for Pictures, Maps, and Illustrations. Copy as needed to enhance the reports.
• Notes and Information Gathered and Used. Two different templates are included for your students to take notes while gathering information
• A “Finding Your Information” page for students to read and learn about where to find information.
• “Resources” and “Bibliography” Page. One page is for students to list resources and gather information about them. The Bibliography Page is there for you to use and teach the Bibliography format of your choosing.
• Student Checklist- Students use this to check and make sure they have completed the various elements of the revising and edition process.
• Rubric for Performance Task Assessment (Teacher to use and complete to assess and grade the reports).
• A PowerPoint presentation option is included your students to share what they’ve learned in a PowerPoint presentation.
• A Projects page is included in the packet with a list of a few ideas that the students may wish to choose to accompany their report. There are many other great ideas that they may think of as well.
• An Oral Report option is included for ideas as to how to present the information from their report orally with a question and answer session at the end.
• A great idea for you to think about is to have a “Country Fair” at the end of all of the oral presentations, projects, etc. to show off these states to others. This can be done during the school day, at lunch, for just your class, your grade level, or the entire school. You may also wish to do this at a Parent Night or Open House night.
• Teacher notes and ideas pages
If you like this product, please check back soon as we will be posting new products in the near future. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will promptly help you. Thank you!
The Teacher Team
Copyright 2013 Carol Beaumont
All Rights Reserved by Author
Permission to copy for single classroom use only
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Commercial License Number 1012173667
“Graphics &/or Fonts Copyright Dianne J. Hook.” www.djinkers.com
Here are some other items you may be interested in:
Social Studies Research Report Bundle
Animal Report Packet for Primary Grades
Planet Research Report
Biography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Autobiography Report Packet for Elementary Grades
Digestive and Excretory System Research Report (For Elementary Grades)
Thirteen Colonies Regional Inquiry Based Research Report
Common Core Circulatory System Research Report for Fourth and Fifth Grades
President Report Packet
Country Report Packet
Volcano Research Report
Dinosaur Research Report
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. We value your feedback greatly as it helps us determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so we can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the red star
near the top of any page within our store and click it to become a follower
. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store. ☺