Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Your students will love researching the 50 states with these project posters. Everything you need is included to have your students get started on a guided research project.
What is included:
10 pages of templates, graphic organizers and worksheets to help guide the research process
• 2 pages of research questions. The answers to these questions will go on the poster pages.
• Mapping Out a Research Plan worksheet (students will think of the sources they can use to find
information and the keywords that will help guide their research).
• Summarizing Your Notes graphic organizer
• Blank notetaking page
• 3 pages for students to record their notes (divided into sections for each type of information
• Bibliography page templates. Students will just fill in the information about their sources.
State poster templates - There are 2 pages for each state. These can be glued to a file folder or a larger piece of construction paper. Information that students will need to fill out include:
• Fast facts (nickname, motto, state bird, state tree, state flower, state song, population, state rank)
• State government information
• Major rivers and lakes
• Locate the state on a U.S. map
• Size of state and bordering states
• Capital city and 3 largest cities – locate on a map
• Climate information
• Agriculture and manufacturing
• Famous people
• Places to visit
• Ways to spend free time
• Other interesting facts
There are also teacher directions and a list of suggested websites for students to use to look up information.
Please download the preview before purchasing.
This is also available in a Google Slides version.
© Copyright Staying Cool in the Library. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original purchaser only. Copying for more than one teacher prohibited. Additional licenses are available at a discount. For librarians: you may use this product with all of your classes and students.
Questions before buying?
You can contact through the Q/A section on TpT with any questions or special requests. You can also send me an email: email@example.com
Please leave feedback on your purchases. If you have a concern, please contact me first before rating. Leaving feedback awards you credits towards future purchases.
How to follow my store
Just click the green star next to my name. You’ll be the first to hear about new products, freebies, and sales!
Follow me on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest.