PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students will love researching Missouri with this custom-designed state research project! Not a generic template - this resource is specific to Missouri with both content and graphics. It offers everything you need to quickly get your students conducting a short online research project about Missouri!
⭐ Each page is custom-designed for Missouri. This is not a one-size-fits-all template! Every state report in this series is tailored to suit each of the 50 great states in America.
Included in this resource:
• Lesson Overview – pacing and contents
• 5 Days of Detailed Lesson Plans
• Project Answer Key
• Project Page One ~ State Information
• Project Page Two ~ Symbols
• Project Page Three ~ State Flag
• Project Page Four ~ Facts & Figures
• Writing Prompt with Scoring Guide
• State Research Quiz with Answer Key
• Project Scoring Guide
No need to waste any time hunting for safe, kid-friendly websites your students can use to do their research! Those reference websites are listed and linked in the lesson overview of this resource!
❓ Do you have students who finish quickly? There are 2 extension activities for them to complete! They can conduct more research on state symbols and the state flag. There are even graphic organizers included for both activities.
Students will research:
• State Information - date entered Union, motto, nickname, governor, population, region, capital city, geographical features
• State Symbols - flower, animal, instrument, bird
• State Flag - design and history
• Facts and Figures - average high and low temperatures, average annual precipitation, highest point, and sources of income in the economy
Suggestions for how to publish the report for display are also included in the lesson directions. A fun, quick, and easy way to get your students researching and learning!
Read more about how I use this resource with my own students in this informative blog post!
Here are some of the comments buyers have said about this great resource:
• "Such a great resource to help my kiddos learn about our state. Thanks!"
• "Great way to break away from the textbook! Students loved it!"
• "This was a perfect little project! Nice format and organization!"
Please consider leaving a comment below, which earns you credits towards future TpT purchases. Click the FOLLOW button and be notified when new resources are published.
Happy Teaching! ~ The Reflective Educator ☺