PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Students will LOVE researching New Jersey with this custom-designed state research project? Not a generic template - this resource is specific to New Jersey with both content and graphics. It offers everything you need to quickly get your students conducting a short online research project about New Jersey!
⭐ Each page is custom-designed for New Jersey. This is not a one-size-fits-all template Each state report in this series is tailored to suit each of the 50 great states in America.
Included in this product:
• Lesson Overview - pacing and contents
• 5 Days of Detailed Lesson Plans
• Project Answer Key
• Project Page One ~ State Information
• Project Page Two ~ Symbols
• Project Page Three ~ State Flag
• Project Page Four ~ Facts & Figures
• Writing Prompt with Scoring Guide
• State Research Quiz with Answer Key
• Extension Activities with Graphic Organizers
No need to waste any time hunting for safe, kid-friendly websites your students can use to do their research! Those reference websites are listed and linked in the lesson overview of this project!
❓ Do you have students who finish quickly? There are 2 extension activities for them to complete! They can conduct more research on state symbols and the state flag. There are even graphic organizers included for both activities.
Students will research:
• State Information - date New Jersey entered the Union, motto, nickname, current governor, population, region, capital city, and geographical features
• State Symbols - flower, bird, bug, animal
• State Flag - design and history
• Facts and Figures - average high and low temperatures, average annual precipitation, highest point, and sources of income in the economy
Suggestions for how to publish the report for display are also included in the lesson directions. A fun, quick, and easy way to get your students researching and learning!
Here is some of the great feedback buyers have said about this resource:
• "I use this every year in my 4th grade classroom. A perfect project for my students to self-navigate through and to hit the NJ social studies standards. Thanks!"
• "Kids had fun researching our state with this! Thank you!"
• "Great student engagement!"
• States and Capitals Task Cards
⭐ Please consider leaving a comment below, which earns you credits towards future TpT purchases.
⭐ Click the FOLLOW button and be notified when new resources are published.
Happy Teaching! ~ The Reflective Educator ☺