This state project puts students in charge as they become the tourism director and research as they convince others to visit their state. At the “Passport to the USA” celebration event, students collect state stamps and glue them into their passports. Tourism directors will share knowledge with parents and other classes. This is more than a state report - students eagerly enjoy and take charge of their own learning when they work in their tourism booth for the big celebration event.
DISTANCE LEARNING NOTE: While this is not a Google Classroom product, you have permission to use this product as a digital product with your students PROVIDED YOU USE THE MATERIALS BEHIND A SECURED OR PASSWORD PROTECTED SITE and materials are NOT posted directly to the Internet for others to view. You may NOT use to any materials created by Mrs. Renz' Class in any for-profit online classes or courses.
FILE FOLDER PROJECT:
Students write a file folder research project and bibliography and also design a state postage stamp that gets handed out during the culmination event.
This set includes everything you need to do a complete research report including all student directions, note taking packet with step by step directions for each portion of the project. Rough draft and final copy paper is also included.
To accompany this project, you'll receive the password to my 50 STATES WEBSITE PROJECT LINKS built to keep students safer while researching on the Internet. Each of the 50 states has its own web page with 16 research web links plus there are other state links. This ensures students use technology in a more protected Internet environment.
DIRECTOR OF TOUISM DESK NAME SIGNS:
When it's project time, students put up their Director of Tourism desk name signs. When the name signs are displayed on student desks, everyone knows it's time to get to work. Director name signs will also be also used during the Passport to the USA culmination event.
STATE STAMPS & PASSPORT TO THE USA CULMINATION EVENT:
Student tourism directors design a postage stamp for their state. At the culmination event, tourism directors will share knowledge of their state with visitors and pass out a copy of their state stamp. Visitors will glue the stamps into their quarter-sheet sized Passport State Stamp book.
EDITABLE and PRINT AND GO:
All project directions in PDF and MS PowerPoint editable formats. Teachers can modify anything about the directions, schedule and due dates, content, and project to suit their needs.
Click the green PREVIEW button to see some of the student pages.
Materials Included: 481+ pages in all
• Editable Student Project Directions and Rough Draft Handouts - Includes all student directions with cover page, all rough draft data collection pages, spot for parent signature, options for extra credit to allow for differentiation, schedule of due dates, and directions for assembling and folding the file folder with sketches and photos. Students research topics: Introduction, agriculture, industry, economy, geography, famous people, things to see and do, interesting information, historical timeline, colleges and universities, state quiz, state symbols, state facts, and bibliography. Students also draw and label a map, “Come Visit My State” pages (42 pages PDF + 83 pages PowerPoint editable)
• Teacher Packet with Directions and all Final Copy Handouts – The teacher set includes all directions, hints, and tips for completing this project, a sample schedule of due dates, all final copy handouts for students including 3 sizes of lined final copy paper (allows for handwriting differentiation), a page without lines (to allow for project flexibility), 3 scoring guides, directions for assembling and folding the file folder (with sketches and photos), directions to host the Passport to the USA Culmination Celebration event, sample event scheduling options, Common Core correlations for grades 3-5 for reading, writing and speaking. (40 pages PDF)
• 50 States Project Web Pages for each State - specifically for use completing the entire report –purchasers gain access to special web pages I created. Teachers are given the website link and may use it in their classroom. Online web page format (52 web pages)
• Rough Draft and Final Copy Report Writing Paper Set with line spacing options (10 pages PDF)
• Tourism Director Name Signs and Directions in both color and B&W – for research time and for the culmination event (100 pgs PDF)
• Passport to the USA Book Covers Celebration Event Book and Pages with All 50 State Names – this is formatted to make a quarter sheet sized book that is used by students to collect postage stamps created by student tourism directors during the culmination event (40 pgs PDF)
• State Name Signs for Celebration Event Desks – There is one sign for each state, with state names written (55 pages PDF)
• Celebration Event Banner “Passport to the USA” – This red, white and blue banner with American flag graphics prints on 8 sheets of paper that you glue together – 8 pgs MS Publisher – Editable
• State Stamps & Passport to the USA Book with Photo Examples
• Photos of State Celebration Culmination Event – photos of various celebration events over the years to help you with set up
• Optional: Audubon Bird Lesson Art Paper & Birds List for States Project – students draw their state bird. The bird art makes a great bulletin board display during the culmination event
Enjoy researching the 50 states with this set designed to give students the control of their learning.
Click HERE TO FOLLOW ME to get advance notice of new products priced 50% off for the first 24 hours!