Don’t just STUDY the 50 states! Put students in charge as they become the tourism director for a state then host a fun celebration event, the “Passport to the USA,”
where they share their knowledge with parents and other classes in your school.
This is a state report project and SO MUCH MORE! It includes everything you need to do a complete research report. The best part (IMHO) is you will gain access to my 50 states classroom website project links built to keep students safe while researching on the Internet.
Students are highly engaged and eagerly work when they are in control of their tourism booth for the big celebration event.
Students research a state and convince others to visit their state. Students create a file folder research project (specially folded) with bibliography and design a state postage stamp that gets handed out during the culmination event. I’ve used this project for years with success for EVERY student and kudos from parents. Everything you need is included in this set and you can edit most of the student pages with the PowerPoint version
To accompany this project I created 53 web pages with over research web links for grades 3-5 students. Each state has its own web page with 16 research web links. This ensures students are using technology to access information while doing so in a more protected Internet environment. In your purchase, you will receive the internet website link and password to access my 50 States Project web site collection.
Use the editable version of the Director of Tourism desk name signs when it's work time and watch students take charge of their research task! When the name signs are displayed on student desks, everyone knows it's "go time." Director name signs will also be also used during the big culmination event.
Student directors staff their own visitor information booth and share knowledge of their state with visitors during the Passport to the USA Celebration event. Students give their state stamps to guest visitors, who glue them the stamps into their quarter sheet sized Passport State Stamp book.
Included in this set is EVERYTHING you need to study the 50 states and host the event, including all project directions in PDF and MS Word editable formats. Teachers can modify anything about the directions, schedule and due dates, content, and project to suit their needs.
See the product preview to see what is included!
Materials Included: 481+ pages in all
• Editable Student Project Directions and Rough Draft Handouts - . Includes all student directions with cover page, all rough draft data collection pages, spot for parent signature, options for extra credit to allow for differentiation, schedule of due dates, and directions for assembling and folding the file folder with sketches and photos. Students research topics: Introduction, agriculture, industry, economy, geography, famous people, things to see and do, interesting information, historical timeline, colleges and universities, state quiz, state symbols, state facts, and bibliography. Students also draw and label a map, “Come Visit My State” pages (42 pages PDF + 83 pages PowerPoint editable)
• Teacher Packet with Directions and all Final Copy Handouts – The teacher set includes all directions, hints, and tips for completing this project, a sample schedule of due dates, all final copy handouts for students including 3 sizes of lined final copy paper (allows for handwriting differentiation), a page without lines (to allow for project flexibility), 3 scoring guides, directions for assembling and folding the file folder (with sketches and photos), directions to host the Passport to the USA Culmination Celebration event, sample event scheduling options, Common Core correlations for grades 3-5 for reading, writing and speaking. (40 pages PDF)
• 50 States Project Web Pages for each State - specifically for use completing the entire report –purchasers gain access to special web pages I created. Teachers are given the website link and may use it in their classroom. Online web page format (52 web pages)
• Rough Draft and Final Copy Report Writing Paper Set with line spacing options (10 pages PDF)
• Tourism Director Name Signs and Directions in both color and B&W – for research time and for the culmination event (100 pgs PDF)
• Passport to the USA Book Covers Celebration Event Book and Pages with All 50 State Names – this is formatted to make a quarter sheet sized book that is used by students to collect postage stamps created by student tourism directors during the culmination event (40 pgs PDF)
• State Name Signs for Celebration Event Desks – There is one sign for each state, with state names written (55 pages PDF)
• Celebration Event Banner “Passport to the USA” – This red, white and blue banner with American flag graphics prints on 8 sheets of paper that you glue together – 8 pgs MS Publisher – Editable
• State Stamps & Passport to the USA Book with Photo Examples
• Photos of State Celebration Culmination Event – photos of various celebration events over the years to help you with set up
• Optional: Audubon Bird Lesson Art Paper & Birds List for States Project – students draw their state bird. The bird art makes a great bulletin board display during the culmination event
Enjoy researching the 50 states with this set designed to give students the control of their learning.