Made a Zip drive which contains a student version without the teacher page, extensions and the key.
This resource can be used during a unit of study on the election process and/or can be used during the yearly Presidential State of the Union Address in January. I have also included a worksheet that students could be given to use if they should watch the State of the Union Address.
Learn about the history of the State of the Union Address with this internet activity so you can WOW your friends with all you know about the history of this yearly event! There are 10 web questions, 9 Did You Know? Facts, 6 comprehension questions, a student page(handout to give for homework or extra credit for the night of the State of the Union Address), a teacher page with a couple of extension activities and the key to both the web quest and the comprehension questions.
Please consider following me if you find my resources of value. Thank you.
Check out my other resources on government:
1. Students will learn about the election process including requirements to run for office, requirements to vote, the Succession Act, the Electoral College and more. There are 12 web questions, a Did You Know? fact section and comprehension questions. The Teacher Page includes extension activities, the keys and additional links: Election Process. How do we Elect a President(A Webquest)
2. You may have heard the word IMPEACHMENT being used in the news. Some people are talking about impeachment and the 45th president of the United States, Donald Trump. What exactly is impeachment? In U.S. History, only two presidents have had charges of impeachment. Use this webquest to learn more about how the founding fathers determined the use of impeachment in the U.S. Constitution and the history of impeachment: What is this Word Called Impeachment?(A Webquest)
3. Do YOU Know Your Presidents is a series of three challenges. Each challenge worksheet has 25 questions(with 3 choices). The first challenge is the easiest with the third, the hardest.
There is also a Presidential Did You Know? Page. Kids can do one or all the challenges to learn interesting facts about U.S. Presidents. The teacher page includes several extension activities and the key. Presidential Facts to Challenge Your Students(quizzes-easy to brain sizzling!)
4. What is this event in the USA called an "Inauguration"? Taking the oath of office, a big parade and evening balls, Inauguration Day is a very busy day for the incoming President! There are 10 web questions, a Did You Know? section, comprehension questions and extension activities:Inauguration Day! A Webquest
5. President Andrew Johnson had a pet white mouse. President William McKinley had a pet parrot who was trained to whistle, "Yankee Doodle". President James Garfield was the first president to be left- handed AND could write with both hands(and different languages at the same time-Greek and Latin). George H W Bush liked eating pork rinds as a snack. President George Washington was a spelunker, a person that likes searching in caves. John F. Kennedy said, “And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” Use this presidential webquest to learn more about our presidents! Presidential Trivia(A Webquest)
6. Part of my Ms. Bie Ografee series of plays, this Reader's Theater Script is on the "Father of the Constitution", James Madison(1751-1836), and his sharing with students the history of the writing of the Constitution. Madison who would become the 4th President of the United States(1809-1817)), played a very important role in the forming of our US Constitution. In addition to being a delegate, he introduced the first additions to the Constitution(amendments) which came to be known as the Bill of Rights. With 13 audience questioners, a Did You Know Section, comprehension questions, a Teacher Page with extension activities, key and additional links, students will learn about the writing of our important government document, the Constitution: James Madison: Father of the Constitution(A Reader's Theater Script