This unit is a great way to improve reading, writing, and research skills while teaching general knowledge and fascinating facts about the United States.
Students read a simple presentation of information about each state and then answer specific questions designed to improve reading comprehension. Skills include reading for details, locating information, and finding facts.
get perfected as students complete bonus writing activities for every state!
get a workout as students "look-up" key information in an encyclopedia or on the Internet to help them complete the "Research the Facts" activities.
- high-interest/low readability informational text about each state
- United States outline maps
- list of states, capitals, and abbreviations
- a capitals and abbreviations test page
- addresses where students can write to receive information about each state
- a letter format which may be addressed to request information from a state
Reading Level 3-4 | Interest Level 5-8
Download the Enhanced
version of this title which allows you to copy, paste, and manipulate the file so that it fits your needs.
Bundle & Save! Pair this title with Research the Nifty Fifty States and save 25%!