This literacy center/game is great for interactive practice of punctuation marks, in particular the period, question mark, and exclamation mark. A fun way for students to learn grammar! Great for any early classroom, including classrooms with large ELL/emergent bilingual populations. Product is also available in Spanish, which makes it ideal for any bilingual classroom as well.
Students play in groups of 2+ people and take turns reading game cards, which have either a statement, question, or exclamation on them. Students who are not reading have to listen to the reader and decide – based on how the card was read – if the sentence is a statement, question, or exclamation and record it in the appropriate column.
This game is great for reading with expression and practicing correct use of punctuation. The student reading the card must read with the correct expression in order for the other students to determine (and then practice writing) the type of sentence.
Package features the following:
- Color worksheet (front and back)
- Black and white worksheet (front and back)
- Blank page of cards on which teachers (and/or students!) may create their own sentences
- 3 leveled card decks with 28 cards each (for a total of 84 cards)
Description of game levels:
- Level 1: Basic, 2-5 word sentences made up of short, simple words. Example: "She's here."
- Level 2: Longer sentences that contain multiple adjectives and/or a prepositional phrase. "She's here at school."
- Level 3: More complex sentences that contain various prepositional phrases and more descriptive language. Example: "She's here at school early this morning?"
*SPANISH VERSION ALSO AVAILABLE IN STORE*
*ENGLISH AND SPANISH VERSIONS WITH ONLY STATEMENTS AND QUESTIONS ALSO AVAILABLE IN STORE*