Students play in groups of 2+ people and take turns reading game cards, which have either a statement or a question on them. Students who are not reading have to listen to the reader and decide – based on how the card was read – if the sentence is a statement or a question and record it in the appropriate column.
This game is great for reading with expression and practicing correct use of punctuation. The student reading the card must read with the correct expression in order for the other students to determine (and then practice writing) the type of sentence.
Package features the following:
- Color worksheet (front and back)
- Black and white worksheet (front and back)
- Blank page of cards on which teachers (and/or students!) may create their own sentences
- 3 leveled card decks with 28 cards each (for a total of 84 cards)
Description of game levels:
- Level 1: Basic, 2-5 word sentences made up of short, simple words. Example: "My mom works."
- Level 2: Longer sentences that contain multiple adjectives and/or a prepositional phrase. "My mom works at her office."
- Level 3: More complex sentences that contain various prepositional phrases and more descriptive language. Example: "My mom works at her office on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday."
*SPANISH VERSION ALSO AVAILABLE IN STORE*
*VERSION WITH EXCLAMATION MARK (IN ENGLISH AND SPANISH) ALSO AVAILABLE IN STORE*