Are you planning a research project on the US states and capitals? This interactive, foldables lapbook is the perfect addition to your plans. Have students present their research to the class or hand the finished products on a bulletin board!
What do students research about the US states?
• Finding their state on a US map
• Different geological identities within each state (draw and use a key)
• Climate changes across the 4 seasons
• State symbols (bird, flower, tree, symbol), nickname, population, largest city, admission to the union, etc.
• Opinion on if the student would like to live in their state and why they would like to visit
• 7 facts about the state
• State motto
• Location of the state (neighboring states, # of counties, geographic region)
• Politics (population, admission to statehood, governor, # of seats in the House and Senate)
• Capital (what is the capital, population in the capital, where it is located within the state)
*Take a look at the preview file to see a sample lapbook, as well as what all is included.
What do I still need?
• research materials (computer lab or library)
• manila folders or construction paper
• colored pencils / markers / crayons
THAT'S IT :)
*Please know that this product very, very closely follows the U.S. State Elementary Research Project
product. Instead of doing the research in a worksheet format, students get to record information in the foldables within their lapbooks.
This download is NOT included in the States and Capitals Unit
Connect with me:
Don't forget about the green ★ to follow my store to get notifications of new resources and freebies!
Thanks for Looking and Happy Teaching!