Also included in
- These chemistry card sort activities are a great alternative to chemistry worksheets. Card sorts are a fun chemistry activity for chemistry review or chemistry practice. Card sorts are engaging chemistry activities in an Intro to Chemistry class, a Basic Chemistry class, or an Honors Chemistry classPrice $25.00Original Price $36.00Save $11.00
This States of Matter card sort activity features the properties of solids, liquids, and gases, changes between the solid, liquid, and gas states of matter. It illustrates the solid, liquid, and gas states of matter. Preview, review, or practice the states of matter with this fun card sort activity.
This card sort activity makes a great alternative to worksheets about the states of matter. The colorful cards help grab students' attention as they learn about solids, liquids, and gases. These cards include information about the particle arrangement of the states of matter, the kinetic energy in solids, liquids, and gases, and a description of the density of the states of matter. Also, included are cards that reference the six changes of state between solids, liquids, and gases: melting and sublimating, freezing and evaporating, and condensation and deposition.
Using the States of Matter Card Sort
Using this card sort is as easy as print, laminate, and cut. You will be able to add variety, engagement, and differentiation to your classroom with this states of matter card sort for years to come. You students will love learning about solids, liquids, and gases as they sort these cards into three groups.
There are a variety of ways to use a card sort:
- —Working in groups, as an introduction to the lesson, students can sort these cards based on their prior experience. Use with or without the Category and Definition cards to change the difficulty of the activity based on your students abilities.
- —After teaching your students about classifying matter, students can work individually or in groups to practice classifying matter.
- —These cards are great any time you feel your students need to review this skill.
- Three category cards (full color and grayscale)
- Three illustration cards (full color and grayscale)
- Thirty description cards (full color and grayscale)
- Response Sheet (with answer key)
- NOW INCLUDING AN INTERACTIVE DRAGE AND DROP TPE EASEL ACTIVITY
You might also like these products: