Also included in
- Plan your 5th grade science units with these fun and engaging grade 5 science activities that your students will love. Perfect for teaching all of the science standards for the year. Makes a great fifth grade science review for the end of the year or standardized testing. These hands-on science a$85.00$135.00Save $50.00
Everything you need to teach states of matter including: properties of matter and changing states of is here in one place. This States of Matter Bundles includes 7 resources to help you teach states of matter to your 4th, 5th and 6th grade students. These easy to print and prep lessons will engage your students with hands-on, highly engaging experiments and activities that are standards-based and planned out for you! The States of Matter Bundle includes resources for teaching solids, liquids, and gases; properties of matter; how to separate solid mixtures; materials that dissolve in water; ways to speed up or slow down the dissolving process; and changing states of matter (physical changes and chemical changes ). This easy to use resource includes teacher directions, foldable notes, mobile craftivity, board game, investigations, sorts, states of matter experiments, recording sheets, real life application activities, inquiry activities, discussion cards, daily exit ticket/exit slips, end of unit project, end of unit assessment, mastery tracking sheet, and answer keys. It’s all here and ready to help you teach the physical science standards. You won’t need anything else to teach states of matter or changes in matter with this resource!
View the Preview to see samples of all activities included in this States of Matter Experiments and Activities Bundle!
States of Matter Experiments and Activities Bundle includes:
- Materials List, Standards, Teacher Direction Page for Every Lesson
- Solids Liquids and Gases Inquiry
- Solids Liquids and Gases Foldable Notes
- Solids Liquids and Gases Mobile
- Solids Liquids and Gases Board Game & Recording Sheet
- Properties of Matter Foldable Notes
- Properties of Matter Investigation
- Properties of Matter Sort
- Properties of Matter Exit Slips (3 options)
- Separation of Solid Mixtures Recording Sheet
- Separation of Solid Mixtures: Tools Recording Sheet
- Separation of Solid Mixtures Investigation Tasks
- Separation of Solid Mixtures Exit Slips (2 options)
- Dissolving in Water and Rate of Dissolving Teacher Direction Page
- “What Dissolves in Water” Experiment and Recording Sheet
- ”How Does Temperature, Stirring, and Surface Area Affect the Process of Dissolving” Experiment and Recording Sheet (2 options)
- What Dissolves in Water and Rate of Dissolving Discussion Cards
- Rate of Dissolving and and What Dissolves in Water Exit Slips (2 options)
- Changing States of Matter - Physical and Chemical Changes Foldable Notes
- Changing States of Matter Real Life Application
- Changing States of Matter Explore
- Changing States of Matter Apply
- Changing States of Matter Investigation Cards and Recording Sheet
- Examples of Physical and Chemical Changes Thinking Maps
- Physical and Chemical Changes Exit Slips (2 options)
- Mastery Checklist
- Matter Unit Project
- Matter Unit Assessment
- Answer Keys
See What Teachers are Saying:
⭐ Great booklet that gives all information needed to effectively teach the basics of Matter. Thank You
⭐ This was a great resource for my ESE students. We read through it as a group and worked to identify the information they needed to know the best. Thank you.
States of Matter Experiments and Activities Bundle covers the following standards:
- Florida Standards:
- SC.5.P.8.1 Compare and contrast the basic properties of solids, liquids, and gases, such as mass, volume, color, texture, and temperature
- SC.5.P.8.2 Investigate and identify materials that will dissolve in water and those that will not and identify the conditions that will speed up or slow down the dissolving process
- SC.5.P.8.3 Demonstrate and explain that mixtures of solids can be separated based on observable properties of their parts such as particle size, shape, color, and magnetic attraction
- SC.5.P.9.1 Investigate and describe that many physical and chemical changes are affected by temperature.
- Next Generation Science Standards:
- 5-PS1-3 Make observations and measurements to identify materials based on their properties.
- 5-PS1-4 Conduct an investigation to determine whether the mixing of two or more substances results in new substances
- 6-PS1-2 Analyze and interpret data on the properties of substances before and after the substances interact to determine if a chemical reaction has occurred
- Texas Standards:
- SCI.5.5.A Matter and energy. The student knows that matter has measurable physical properties and those properties determine how matter is classified, changed, and used. The student is expected to: classify matter based on measurable, testable, and observable physical properties, including mass, magnetism, physical state (solid, liquid, and gas), relative density (sinking and floating using water as a reference point), solubility in water, and the ability to conduct or insulate thermal energy or electric energy
- SCI.5.5.B Matter and energy. The student knows that matter has measurable physical properties and those properties determine how matter is classified, changed, and used. The student is expected to demonstrate that some mixtures maintain physical properties of their ingredients such as iron filings and sand and water
- SCI.5.5.C Matter and energy. The student knows that matter has measurable physical properties and those properties determine how matter is classified, changed, and used. The student is expected to: identify changes that can occur in the physical properties of the ingredients of solutions such as dissolving salt in water or adding lemon juice to water.
Science Units for Other Topics:
Earn Free TpT Credits!
Leave feedback on your purchases to earn free TpT Credits that can be used on future purchases. Just visit My Purchases and click on Provide Feedback to leave review and earn TpT credits.