This pack includes a variety of activities that you may find useful to differentiate your instruction of the states of matter. There are options for both formative and summative assessments in the pack, including whole-group instruction and review, small-group enrichment or remediation, center and early-finisher activities, independent and cooperative group learning, and project-based learning options.
Here are the activities included in this pack:
1. States of Matter Mini Posters – Perfect for use as classroom
visuals or for students to glue into their interactive notebooks for
2. States of Matter Vocabulary and Definition Cards – just print,
laminate, and cut – perfect review task, center activity,
enrichment tool, etc.
3. States of Matter Sort – just print, laminate, and cut – multiple
uses include early-finisher or center activity, whole class review,
remediation tool, etc.
4. What State of Matter Am I? Cards and Student Response Sheet
– print, laminate, and cut – great for enrichment, early-finisher or
center activity, cooperative learning, walk-about, etc.
5. States of Matter Triple Venn Diagram Scenario Sort – Students
will have to read each short scenario and then classify it
according to the state(s) of matter being illustrated in the
situation – great for higher-level students or for small-group
6. States of Matter 2-5-8 Choice Menu and Scoring Rubric –
Students will have the opportunity to choose which options they
think will allow them to showcase their knowledge of the states
of matter the best – could be used as either a formative or
7. States of Matter R.A.F.T. and Scoring Rubric – Students will
choose the R.A.F.T. that best suits their interests and learning
style. The goal is for them to exhibit their understanding about
the states of matter through completing a product – could be
used as either a formative or summative assessment.
Thanks so much!