States of Matter Project
• Students will understand that matter can be found in three forms or phases (solid, liquid, and gas).
• Using physical models, students will be able to explain the molecular behavior of ice, water, and water vapor.
1. Create a diagram, craft, poster, or any visual of your choice representing an understanding on how particles (molecules) are arranged in Solids, Liquids and Gasses.
2. Choose materials like cheerios, fruit loops, cotton balls, marbles, craft pom poms, dot pens, etc. to represent the particles in each state.
3. Write a few neatly written sentences under each phase that explains the movement of the particles in each state. Incorporate what your learned about particles. Refer to the spacing of particles, their speed of movement and how they move.