Also included in
- This chemistry card sort activity bundle covers Chemical and Physical Properties, Elements, Compounds, and Mixtures, Classifying Six Types of Chemical Reactions, Development of the Atomic Theory, Gas Laws, Qualitative & Quantitative Data, Radioactive Decay, States of Matter, Significant Figures,$25.00$36.00Save $11.00
Your kids need to practice, but worksheets have them bored to tears. Ditch the worksheet. This premium-quality States of Matter Card Sort provides you and your students endless opportunities for effective practice and review. Just copy, laminate, and cut and these versatile cards will add variety, engagement, and differentiation to your classroom and lessons.
Using A Card Sort
There are a variety of ways to use a card sort:
- —Working in groups, as an introduction to the lesson, students can sort these cards based on their prior experience. Use with or without the Category and Definition cards to change the difficulty of the activity based on your students abilities.
- —After teaching your students about classifying matter, students can work individually or in groups to practice classifying matter.
- —These cards are great any time you feel your students need to review this skill.
- Three category cards (full color and grayscale)
- Three illustration cards (full color and grayscale)
- Thirty description cards (full color and grayscale)
- Response Sheet (with answer key)