You will be completely organized with this book of lesson plans and activity sheets to cover the Science of States of Matter - Solids, Liquids and Gases aligned with the Ontario Grade 2 curriculum. Every activity in this book has been tested, edited by the watchful eyes of students (my toughest critics), and laid out for you so you don’t have to do anything except gather materials. Updated Jan. 2016
Included in this package are:
- posters to define solids, liquids, gases, properties, viscosity, absorbency, repelling, dissolving, evaporation and buoyancy
- pictures to use as visuals in your lessons
- cut and paste activities
- tried and tested recipes
- international warning signs
- Venn diagrams
- fun experiments
- activity sheets (with stated LEARNING GOALS) for record keeping
- final assessments
- assessment answer keys
Why buy this book?
1. LEARNING GOALS are written at the top of each lesson plan and student worksheet. The specific curriculum related goals are right there, easy for you and the students to see.
2. I have made the greatest attempt to keep the needed materials easy to find. There are enough activities in this book (probably more than you'll need) so you can pick and choose what is easiest to put together.
3. This book is HANDS-ON and FUN from cover to cover. Children really look forward to science during this unit!
4. All of the activities have been TRIED AND TESTED. You don’t have to recreate what has already been done for you.
5. VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY is in this book – everything you need for the entire unit is ready to go. Just download and copy it!
Check out the preview to see selected parts of the product.
You might also be interested in:
Strong and Stable Structures Science Unit
Volume and Capacity – Metric Measurement
Check out My Store for lots of other products:
My Store – Barb Beale