States of Matter Unit Activities
Find everything you need here for your States of Matter Unit.
1) Printables: Physical Properties, Changing the States and Finding My Atoms, Look at Photo and Record Two Physical Properties
2) Journal Pages: Students will have their own States of Matter Journal. Picture boxes are available for students to draw their own pictures as they write their notes. 8 different pages available.
3) My Observations: Two observation pages to use with your classroom experiments. Students record the date, their observations and draw pictures of what they are noticing.
4) My Physical Properties Mini-Book: Students will read the physical properties and draw pictures of objects to match.
5) Picture Sorts: Three picture sorts to use throughout your unit. States of Matter, Physical and Chemical Changes, Mixtures and Solutions
6) Interactive Notebook Pages: Cut out and glue into your science journals. Topics include Physical Properties, States of Matter, Physical and Chemical Changes, Mixtures and Solutions.
7) 32 Color Task Cards: Use this set of task cards with three different activities. First, use the recording sheet to tell if the picture is a solid, liquid, gas, or plasma. Another activity to use with the same color task cards is to draw the atoms you would find in the picture. Finally, use the third recording sheet and write two physical properties of each object/picture shown.
8) Five Senses Graphic Organizers: Focus on each sense by drawing ten objects that focus on each sense. For example, use the graphic organizer that focuses on sound and students draw ten objects that make a sound.
9) "What's My Object" - Physical Properties Activity - Students record six physical properties to describe a secret object. Classmates try to guess which object it is.
These hands-on activities, writing journals and printables will provide you with a wide variety of assessments to use throughout this unit.
Teacher's Game Plan