This versatile set of cards for state names, state maps, abbreviations, capital cities, regions of the country, and geographical features will help your students gain control over so much information about all 50 states, and the connections will make all the facts easier to recall!
This resource contains four sets of 50 state riddle cards, with a card for each state, printed four cards per page:
* Set 1: Three-clue riddles, with the state capital included as one of the clues. Other clues include a variety of location (“north of…”, “between and …”), state nicknames, and references to geographic features like specific oceans, lakes, and rivers. Every card in Set 1 also has an outline map of the state.
* Set 2: The same riddles as in Set 1, without the outline maps. Instead, this set has lines to represent the name of the state, like _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ for North Dakota.
* Set 3: The same clues as in the previous sets, with answers provided in multiple
choice format for extra support.
* Set 4: The same clues, with no additional visual support
Also included are three sets of 50 matching cards, with cards for all of the states, printed ten cards per page:
* Set 1: State abbreviations
* Set 2: State capitals
* Set 3: Unlabeled state outline maps
Recording pages and answer keys to go with the riddle cards are included in this download, along with two US maps to use as alternate recording pages. There's also
a map for additional support with the abbreviations.
Download the preview to find a list of eight great activities to use with these cards!
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You'll also like...
Fourth Grade Thumbs Up Thumbs Down Math Games
Math Riddle Task Cards for Fourth and Fifth Grade
120 Math Riddle Cards for Fourth and Fifth Grade
Place Value Riddles for Three Digit Numbers ~ Fishing Around
CLICK HERE to return to my store page!
Click the star
on my store home page to follow. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Teaching Resources on Facebook
Primary Inspiration on Instagram