Static Electricity: Electrostatics - Google Slides and PowerPoint Lesson
Also included in
- Static Electricity - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. Everything you need to teach a unit on Human Space Exploration. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. The included lesson has been fully updPrice $17.47Original Price $34.51Save $17.04
- The Unit Package includes a complete lesson set for a complete Electricity unit. It is geared towards students in grades 7-9 but has been successfully implemented in many grade 6 classes whose students are able to grasp concepts reasonably well. Inside you'll find lessons covering the basic componenPrice $41.97Original Price $83.15Save $41.18
Everything you need to teach Static Electricity is here in this TWO-DAY lesson package which includes the lesson (student and teacher versions of the presentation), a Bill Nye video worksheet with answer key, as well as a student lesson handout as a word document. The presentation is interactive and engaging with multiple videos embedded in the presentation. No more searching for online videos, simply click and play.
The included lesson has been fully updated and now includes both Google and Office versions of each resource. The lesson also includes an auto-graded Exit Ticket to check for student understanding.
- Atom review
- Charged Objects
- Laws of electric charges
- Electrostatic Series
- Sparks and Lightning
- Google and Office versions of the presentation and all documents
- The teacher version of the presentation
- The student version of the presentation
- PDF version of the presentation
- Two electrical safety worksheets with answers
- An auto-graded Exit Ticket
- Student lesson handout
- "Great resource. Covers the topic well. Thank you."
- "Great info! The kids enjoyed it! Loved the videos within :)"
Google Classroom and Exit Ticket
- This resource is perfect for in-class or distance learning and integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom. Included is a link that with one click, will automatically create a copy of the resources and put them directly into your Google Drive.
- Purchase --> Open --> Click --> Assign to your students
- On the last Google Slide is a link to a four-question Exit Ticket that you can give as homework or to conclude your lesson in class.
- This lesson includes both Google and Office versions for ALL resources. The presentation is in Google Slides and PowerPoint while all documents contain Word and Google Doc versions.
Having both options allows you to use either without worrying about formatting issues as all the work has already been done for you. It also allows you, as well as your students, to access everything no matter where you are or what kind of equipment is being used.
Digital and Distance Learning:
This lesson is fully digital which makes it perfect for the classroom, distance learning, or as a sub-plan if needed. With a single click, the entire package will be imported into your Google Drive and will be ready to assign to your students or present in class. You can also place a copy of the resources directly into student Google Drive accounts for easy access.
Included in your package is an Exit Ticket which can be directly accessed from the last Google Slide. Additionally, your purchase will create a copy of the Google Form Exit Ticket which you can edit to meet your class needs.
The student version of the lesson contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
The individual Electricity Unit Lessons can be accessed below.
Lesson 2 - Solving Circuit Diagrams
Lesson 3 - Resistance and Ohm's Law
Lesson 4 - Solving Electrical Circuits with Resistance
Lesson 4a - Electric Circuits Online Lab
Lesson 5 - Power and Electrical Energy
Lesson 6 - Electrical Safety in the Home
Lesson 7 - Producing Electricity
Lesson 9 - Electrostatic Charge and Applications
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning, and everything in between.