Static Electricity & Magnetism Science Stations for Third Grade Next Generation Science Standards include 8 different science stations where students can deepen their understanding of static electricity and magnetism. The focus is on NGSS 3-PS2.B and includes concepts such as static electricity, magnets, and positive and negative charges.
★ Save 25% by purchasing the Physical Science Stations BUNDLE ★
- Students watch a video about static electricity and answer questions.
- Student interact with a video game about magnets. They then respond to questions about their experience.
- Students investigate magnetic and non-magnetic things in the classroom.
- Students analyze a diagram about static electricity and answer questions about it.
► Read a Passage
- Students read a passage and answer questions about static electricity.
- Students model how magnets work and answer questions about their models. There are two optional extension activities with this station.
- Students explore static electricity using different objects and questions about it.
- Students sort magnetic and non-magnetic objects and explain their reasoning.
***Purchase all Third Grade Science Stations together in one large BUNDLE***
Each station includes three or four different ways to respond to the experience at the station: short answer questions, fill-in the blank questions, task cards with short answers, task cards with multiple choice. All the variations are similar to one another. Choose the format that best fits your classroom. Students are encouraged to use their science journal. Worksheets are included as well.
Each station is designed to last about 15-20 minutes. Students may do one a day for 8 days, 2 a day for two days, or any format that works for your classroom.
See the preview for additional information and details.
You might also be interested in Force and Motion
or the Physical Science BUNDLE.
Connect with What I Have Learned
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star
near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower
. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Follow me at my BLOG
Sign up for my newsletter NEWSLETTER
Copyright © Jessica Boschen. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.