Explore the role of a graphic designer by taking on practical challenges of successful design. Using this experience, your students will become graphic designers and use their imagination, creativity, and problem solving skills to arrive at successful design conclusions. They will explore the interdisciplinary nature of visual communications design (VCD) and consider how artists influence all facets of life.
Students will take their Stations of Design packet to the five stations:
1) Business Card: Design a business card you could give people so they could contact you to hire you.
2) Magazine Cover: Create your own imaginary magazine and design its cover.
3) Design the front cover, spine, and back cover of your novel.
4) Logo Redesign: Re-design a fictitious pizza place's logo to discourage people from eating there.
5) Band Shirt: Design a shirt for your band to sell at your shows.
Packet includes beautiful full-color station headers and a printable packet. Three versions of visuals included – full color, greyscale, and simplified.
Adaptable to fit a variety of classroom configurations, teaching durations, and students.
Designed by IANdianapolis INc. in a public school classroom and implemented in a Catholic school setting. This lesson is a student favorite.