This project can be done in an Algebra 1 class or in a beginning Statistics class.
Through this project students will...
- Create a two-question survey questionnaire (using Google Forms).
- Conduct a survey that will produce quantitative data.
- Interpret survey data, and use Desmos to generate the line of best fit.
- Find the correlation coefficient and use these values determine how well the line of best fit models the data.
- Generate a residual plot and use it to interpret data.
- Find the sum of the squared residuals and use it to interpret data.
- Interpret a linear model, and use it to make predictions.
- Present research to the class.
This package includes:
- detailed project instructions
- instructions on how to create a survey questionnaire in Google Forms
- instructions on how to make a TinyURL
- poster and presentation instructions
- grading criteria
- grading template
- a self-reflection sheet
Files are in .pdf formats.
Note: If you’d like to purchase 10 of my projects as a bundle and save $20, please go to the following link: