Do you want to find a great math activity that allows you to observe your students' math skills and get to know each other at the same time? This makes a great display for your open house or back to school night, too!
Students will learn to compute mean, median, mode, minimum, maximum and range, so they can later use these skills to report data during the scientific process.
As a bonus, you'll be able to watch and take notes as your students use addition, subtraction, division, graphing, problem solving, writing and spelling skills. Better yet, you all get to know your students' favorite things at the same time with this fun "Get to Know Our Class" activity. This gets students up, talking, and getting to know each other.
You can also use this unit any time of the year when you want to emphasize cooperation and working together. This project is jam packed with materials ready to print and use (or display on your document camera). Included are all of the teacher directions, student handouts, answer keys, graph paper, word wall posters, a final assessment, plus PowerPoint sideshows of each student handout/material are included, too.
Students create a survey, classmates vote on each other’s ballot, and students make graphs that make a beautiful display just in time for Open House or Conferences. New skills are used to analyze the data.
As a bonus, the graphs and final projects students create make a beautiful and informative bulletin board display during Open House or Conferences.
This set includes 89 pages of materials and 11 lessons plus an assessment:
• 12 days of Lessons
• All student handouts (21 pages)
• All answer keys
• Vocabulary word wall posters
• Student notebook or journal vocabulary cards (these print 4/sheet of paper)
• Student assessment plus answer key
• 3 SMART Board lessons:
• SMART Board lesson: Suzy’s Quiz 7 pages of slides
• SMART Board lesson: Interactive Lesson: Finding the Mean 8 slides
• SMART Board lesson: Favorites Sign Up and Project Rotation Diagram - 2 pages
• Graphing project handouts and graph paper in three sizes
• All teacher directions with visuals
Enjoy this FUN and complete unit with no prep for you!