Stellaluna Differentiated Reading & Interactive Notebook/Lapbook Activities
A baby bat is separated from her own mother and is raised by a mother bird, on the condition that she acts as birds do: sleep at night, don't hang upside down, and eat worms and insects. Stellaluna learns that just because birds and bats look different, they are alike in many ways.
Click on the green preview button to see what's inside!
This 56-page lesson and activity bundle includes:
• Depth of Knowledge (DOK) Higher Order Thinking Questions to use during your read-aloud
• Higher Order Thinking Sticky Notes Questions Set
• Vocabulary Words
• A Vocabulary Word Search
• Vocabulary Classwork/Homework ideas
• Shared Reading Information
• Graphic Organizers for the study of fruit bats and birds (science connection)
• Stellaluna Foldable Homework Extension (Birds/Bats/Both Venn Diagram)
Bundle also uses Depth of Knowledge (DOK) multi-level activities to help students gather information and understand what they are reading. Activities include Blackline masters for:
• Stellaluna Sequence Map Graphic Organizer
• Stellaluna Character Traits Graphic Organizer
• A Summary page (narrative form)
• Author's Purpose
• Cause and Effect Graphic Organizer
• Venn Diagram Graphic Organizer for Fruit Bats & Birds
• Foldable Activity Homework
• Comprehension questions (multiple choice)
• Enrichment Activities
Common Core State Standards are included as well as a link to watch Stellaluna read by Pamela Reed courtesy of Storyline Online.
You may also be interested in our other read-a-loud bundles:
The Kissing Hand
Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch!
My Rotten Redheaded Older Brother
The Great Kapok Tree
The Polar Express
I Need My Monster
The Rainbow Fish
A Bad Case of Stripes
Get them All! Our Mega Read Aloud Bundle Super Pack
♥Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
Be sure to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST MrTechnology
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @ MrEduTechnology
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products! Earn TpT Credits for purchases on TpT. You get one TpT Credit for every $ you spend on TpT. Thing is, you only get the Credits after you Provide Feedback -- both a fair rating and a fair comment -- on the items that you purchase. We will round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 100 Credits is worth $5 that you can apply towards future TpT purchases, but there is no need to wait until you have 100 to redeem them. 50 credits is worth $2.50, for example.
♥Like what you see? Follow my store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
My new book from Scholastic Managing the Digital Classroom
Dozens of Awesome Teacher-Tested Ideas That Help You Manage and Make the Most of Every Digital Tool in Your Classroom - Now available! Order Today!
Thank you for shopping!
© Copyright MrTechnology, 2014