This week long study will teach students reading foundational skills, craft and structure of literature, how to dig deeper into text to find key ideas and details, and build vocabulary with this heartwarming story about a bat who falls as her Mom is trying to escape from an owl, showing the willingness of Stellaluna to adapt to a strange environment.
CLICK HERE TO SAVE $ FOR 30 CLOSE READING UNITS FOR THE YEAR!
Stellaluna Close Read focuses on the following skills:
• CONCEPTS of PRINT
• COMPARE and CONTRAST CHARACTERS
• MAKING PREDICTIONS
• PROBLEMS and SOLUTIONS
• EXPANDING VOCABULARY
• WRITING NARRACTIVES
• WRITING OPINION PIECES
• CONCEPT SORTS
• RHYMING WORDS FOR EGG and RED (SHORT E)
• INITIAL SOUND SORT for ST-
• FINAL SOUND SORT for -TCH
This Close Read on FICTIONAL BATS is recommended for Kindergarten through 3rd grade, and comes with differentiation in Lesson Plans for each grade on how to adjust the lesson to meet your grade level.
• GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS for SOMEBODY WANTED BUT SO THEN
• DAILY LESSON PLANS
• QUESTIONS to ask to TEACH students HOW to DIG DEEPER INTO TEXT
• EASY PREP PRINTABLE for ELA JOURNALS
• 2 COMPARE and CONTRAST VENN DIAGRAM
• 5 QUESTION ASSESSMENT
• STUDENT ELA VOCABULARY CARDS (4 per page)
• 8 ILLUSTRATED COMPREHENSION CARDS (4 per page)
• ILLUSTRATED 5 PART STORY SEQUENCING (2 per page)
• 2 WRITING FOCUS QUESTIONS (8 per page)
• BAT PROJECT
• BAT PROJECT PARENT NOTE
• BAT PROJECT PATTERN
• one RHYMING WORDS WORKSHEET
• one INITIAL and ENDING SOUNDS WORKSHEET
• four 5 x 7 PHONICS CARDS
• one 8 x 10 RHYMING WORDS POSTER
• answer keys for worksheets
• two FLIP TAB COVERS CONCEPT SORTS for 2nd and 3rd Grade
• 14 CONCEPTS of PRINT 5 x 7 POSTERS
• FICTION and NONFICTION ILLUSTRATED POSTERS
• GRAPHING ACTIVITY HOOK in COLOR and BLACK and WHITE
• GRAPHING PIECES in COLOR and BLACK and WHITE
I recommend following this close read up with my other Nonfiction Close Read BATS. Click on the link below to check it out.
BATS NONFICTION CLOSE READ
CLICK HERE to CHECK OUT my OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, and DECEMBER 10 WEEK TIME and MONEY SAVING BUNDLE.
Be sure and check out my other CLOSE READING UNITS for OCTOBER by clicking on the links below.
The Biggest Pumpkin Ever Close Reading
Jeb Scarecrow's Pumpkin Patch
You may be interested in my CLOSE READ BUNDLES that are offered many different ways. Click on the links below to check a few of them out.
PENGUINS FICTION and NONFICTION CLOSE READ SET for K-3rd GRADE
10 WEEKS of CLOSE READS for OCTOBER, NOVEMBER, and DECEMBER
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM to get to know the person behind my Oink4PIGTALES store just click the link below.
You can also follow me on my BLOG by clicking on the link below.
To connect with me on Facebook
Please be sure and share anything you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for SPECIAL FREEBIES just for YOU!
Don't forget to leave feedback on ALL your purchases for FREE TpT Credits that can be used on any TpT product, and in any TpT Seller's Store!
I hope you and your students enjoy this set!