Stellaluna Literacy Companion - Halloween Read Aloud - Bats
Also included in
- What is this resource?This is a focused BAT STORIES read-aloud companion pack for FIVE favorite bat-themed Read-Alouds. This is a COMPLETED BUNDLE. The purpose of this resource is to provide teachers and students with a structured focus on vocabulary, text-based higher level questions, comprehensionPrice $15.40Original Price $19.25Save $3.85
PLEASE NOTE: THIS BOOK WILL BE INCLUDED IN AN UPCOMING BAT-THEMED BOOK BUNDLE. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IF YOU INTEND TO PURCHASE THAT BUNDLE WHEN RELEASED.
What is this resource?
This is a focused read-aloud companion pack for the book Stellaluna by Janell Cannon. The purpose of this resource is to provide teachers and students with a structured focus on vocabulary, text-based higher level questions, comprehension, and ELA-based skills through a authentic and engaging children's literature.
What is included?
This resource includes a combination of ELA posters, Vocabulary Word Cards and definitions, Text-Based Questions, Writing Prompts, Collaborative Poster Templates and 3 Differentiated Comprehension Checks.
What Common Core Standards are addressed?
Kindergarten - RL.K.1 | RL.K.2 | RL.K.3
First Grade - RL.1.1 | RL.1.2 | RL.1.3
Second Grade - RL.2.1 | RL.2.2 | RL.2.3
What ELA skills are addressed?
The focus of this particular pack is asking and answering questions about key details in the text, retelling the story, and identifying characters, settings, and major events in the story (plot).
Where can I preview a sample of this resource?
Click PREVIEW to see the types of resources and activities included in this pack. Please note: the preview shows the format for ALL books in the Let's Read series and shows the types of activities included. The specifics change according to the content and standards addressed by each book.
Who created this resource?
Abby Mullins, also known as Babbling Abby, is a former kindergarten and first grade teacher who most recently was an interventionist in a Title I school. She holds a BA in both psychology and elementary education, along with an MA in teacher leadership. She loves creating engaging experiences for students, collaborating with passionate educators, and bringing her creativity and enthusiasm to classrooms across the globe through curriculum and resource development. Abby also blogs at The Inspired Apple where she shares here ideas, activities, and her love of education.
If you like this resource, you might also like...
- No Prep Digital Sight Word Activities (First 100 Fry Words)
- No Prep Digital Sight Word Activities (Second 100 Fry Words)
- Year Long ELA + Math Digital Kindergarten Bundle
- Digital Word Work Bundle
- Digital End of the Year Review for Kindergarten
- Back to School Digital Kindergarten Readiness Bundle
★Don't forget to follow me on TpT!★ This is a great way to be the first to know when I post a new resource - often at a discounted rate for the first 48 hours! Plus, you'll get updates when I have sales, and receive weekly notes with fun freebies, activities, and tips!