You will enjoy using this book companion for fun literacy, language and listening follow-up activities to the popular book, Stellaluna by Janell Cannon. The book tells the story of a baby fruit bat separated from her mother, but taken in and cared for by birds (book available at Amazon or other book retailers.) This literature unit includes six activities including:
1. Sequencing and Retelling- Sequence picture cards and retell the story
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Stellaluna’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Bat/Bird Sort- Sort the pictures of bird/bat features onto the appropriate sorting mat, Bats or Birds
5. Non-Fiction Listening Comprehension- Listen to the short passages about bats and birds and answer the questions
6. Rhyme Sort- Sort cards by rhyme
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!