Products in this Bundle (10)
showing 1-5 of 10 products
This step-by-step reading comprehension skills bundle has original and engaging ideas that resonate with students, so they can form a deeper understanding of each reading skill. All of the units are designed with visuals, activities, practice, and graphic organizers to use with any story. There are also differentiated passages to meet the needs of all students, so they can apply the skill on their level.
Each unit uses explicit teaching and is broken down using a scaffolding process. When applicable, students are reminded of previously learned skills to create a basic foundation and assure that they can completely understand each reading standard.
These units can be used with or without interactive reading notebooks. (There are mini anchor charts included if you don't have time for interactive notebooks, but want students to have a reference.)
The bundle is ideal for 4th and 5th grade. If you are a 3rd grade or 6th grade teacher, please look at the previews and levels of passages to see if they meet your students' needs.
What skills are covered?
1. Text Evidence
3. Story Elements
5. Main Idea
7. Context Clues (in Mythology Unit)
8. Allusions (in Mythology Unit)
10. Cause and Effect
12. Drama/Prose/Poetry Compare and Contrast
What learning activities are included in these units?
★ Mentor text suggestions
★ Anchor Charts
★ Hands-on activiites
★ Interactive Notebook printables (3 versions for differentiation when taking notes) Notes written out, sentence frames (fill-in-the-blank), and write it your own notes.
★ Leveled Passages for differentiation
★ Practice pages
★ Task Cards
★ Book Response pages and charts
★ Tracking forms
★ Student Editions great for tablets (These are great for DISTANCE LEARNING and AT HOME LEARNING!)
NOTE: YOU WILL NOTICE THAT STORY ELEMENTS, SUMMARIZING, AND MAIN IDEA ARE THEIR OWN UNITS, BUT ALSO INCLUDED IN THE THEME UNIT. THE INDIVIDUAL UNITS GO INTO DEPTH WITH PRACTICE, WHEREAS THEY ARE BRIEFLY INTRODUCED IN THE THEME UNIT TO BEST UNDERSTAND THEME. YOU WILL SEE SOME DUPLICATE PAGES. THE PRICE REFLECTS THE DUPLICATION SO YOU AREN'T CHARGED TWICE.
For distance learning: There are separate student PDFs according to their reading level. (Be careful not to put them on a public website. For copyright purposes, websites need to be password protected)
1. If you want students to write directly on a PDF and don't have a program with that capability, they can open it with dochub. It is free and a dropdown option when opening in Google. Students will need to provide an email.
2. Make an image or screenshot of the page/pages you want students to complete and have them create a textbox to write over top of it. The images can be placed in google slides. Directions on how to just send parts of a PDF to students. Click HERE.
Thank you for visiting my store!
OTHER READING RESOURCES