Step by Step Rhetorical Analysis - Rhetorical Devices - Rhetoric - AP™ Language
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Save with this bundle of two large units, Rhetorical Analysis for Every Student. and Argumentative & Persuasive Writing: A Complete Unit.AN EVEN BETTER BUY: AP English Language & Composition Product BUNDLEPrice $29.97Original Price $39.97Save $10.00
- Looking for a leg up on AP™ Lang? This bundle offers the eight basic instructional resources needed to build an AP™ English Language & Composition (AP™ Language or AP™ Lang) course. Lesson plans are detailed and specific and ready to teach. All eight are included in Angie's large AP English LangPrice $55.94Original Price $73.94Save $18.00
- This AP™ English Language & Composition bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 1008 pages of AP™Language resources (40 of my AP™ products!). Priced individually, the value of these products is $226.13 so the BUYER SAVES $67.00Price $156.97Original Price $216.86Save $59.89
- This bundle of four resources will have you covered for rhetorical analysis instruction. Included is a full 27-lesson teaching unit, five bell ringers, review pages, and a comprehensive, editable assessment of rhetorical devices and strategies.Read this blog post with frequently asked questions abouPrice $18.96Original Price $23.96Save $5.00
- Teach high school students to write in every rhetorical mode (mode of discourse), including argumentation and persuasion, rhetorical analysis, literary analysis, and seven other modes. This resource contains 450 pages of lesson plans, handouts, prompts, rubrics, and assessments. Materials are alignePrice $58.97Original Price $72.88Save $13.91
- Need a framework for a one-semester AP™ Language course? This digital-friendly bundle combines my AP LANG BASICS BUNDLE with my AP LANGUAGE MULTIPLE CHOICE BUNDLE #3 to form an exam-specific collection of 22 resources for the Advanced Placement English Language & Composition course.Included arePrice $94.41Original Price $144.41Save $50.00
- This AP™ English Language & Composition CED-aligned bundle is for the first-time instructor or seasoned Lang teacher who needs to shake things up a bit. It contains 1110 pages of AP™ Language and Composition resources (all 50 of my AP™ products!). Priced individually, the value of these productsPrice $196.86Original Price $251.80Save $54.94
- Looking for base writing units for your AP™ Language exam prep? These three complete units provide daily, detailed lesson plans for the AP™ Lang exam Question 1 (Synthesis), Question 2 (Rhetorical Analysis), and Question 3 (Argument).What You're Getting✏️Read 'em and Weave Synthesis Essay Unit for APPrice $41.97Original Price $51.97Save $10.00
Need help making rhetorical analysis accessible for each of your students? What about help understanding how to teach rhetorical analysis through both devices and strategies?
This 116-page unit includes 27 lessons designed for the 90-minute block and 37 reproducible student handouts. Each lesson indicates materials needed, AP™ English Language & Composition skills, essential question, "I can" statement, activator, teacher input, student active participation, and a summary. Exercises are rigorous yet accessible by the struggling AP™ student. Lessons fit the Common Core standards, so high school English classes of all ability levels would benefit. This unit plan is IDEAL for the teacher whose classes are inclusive of all ability levels.
All pages are in PDF format, and the buyer is provided with a link to all pages on Google Slides.
The author is a former AP™ English Language reader, 22-year veteran English teacher, curriculum specialist, and formative assessment designer.
Want to know a bit more about the resource? Read this blog post.
Ways to Use This Unit
✏️ Introduce rhetorical analysis in an AP Language class.
✏️ Pull lessons as needed for non-AP classes.
✏️ Incorporate lessons into a longer unit.
✏️ Use lesson plans in small group remediation sessions.
✏️ Teach the rhetorical analysis process remotely.
Melissa K. said:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️This unit saved my sanity. For years I have been trying to figure out the best way to teach and sequence my rhetorical analysis unit. I always feel overwhelmed that there is so much to teach and not enough time. This was sequenced perfect for me!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️"The best purchase I've made at TPT!!"